This holiday weekend, have the girls over for brunch and then out for shopping – at ellelauri, of course! Add some bubbly and orange juice for mimosas, plus crisp bacon and perhaps a chocolate croissant or delicious pastry from a local bakery. Get ready for fall with the best styles and accessories, and rock the last of summer. Enjoy!
Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 2 cups Pereg Natural Almond Flour
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, 1 Tbsp. for greasing pan
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 medium diced shallot
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. Pereg Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pereg Red Pepper flakes
- ½ cup The Cheese Guy Fresh & Creamy Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine almond flour and salt. Then add in remaining crust ingredients and mix into a shaggy ball. Press the dough into the bottom and sides of the 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and heat olive oil. Add shallots and sauté for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Then add spinach and sauté just until slightly wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir in the cooled spinach mixture and goat cheese. Pour the mixture in the crust and bake for 35 minutes or until the quiche is firm and just barely jiggles. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe modified from Pereg.